There’s no denying that your little girl is growing up too fast. Cherish your time with her and go for a date!
We’ve provided a list of 75 mommy daughter’s day ideas that are guaranteed to be a hit! The dates range from casual and free to more extravagant and pricey. No matter your budget or desired quality time with your daughter, you’ll find a fun idea below!
Pro Tip: You can always find great ideas on Groupon (Plus get even more cash back when you use Ebates to purchase the deal) for way less than retail price!
What is a Mommy Daughter’s Day?
I mentioned in my stepmom post that K and I always make time for just the two of us. I work full-time in a corporate position, but I was blessed with the most flexible boss that would allow me to work from home one day each week during the summer while K was home from school. We were able to experience so many amazing playdates on those special daughter’s days.
A daughter’s day is simply a day where it’s girls only, no boys allowed! Take your daughter out or stay in – it doesn’t matter which! – just make sure that it’s just the girls and that she’s getting special 1:1 time with her Mama. She needs that special bond with her mom, so make time for her. It doesn’t have to be extravagant (but it can be!).
She will think it’s fancy enough just having special time with you.
What should we do?
I thought you’d never ask! Here are 75 super fun ideas for things you can try on a Daughter’s Day! I haven’t tried them all, but I’ve definitely tried my fair share. Remember: it’s not how much money you spend – it’s how much quality time you spend with your little. Pick a date that works for you and your budget, and I promise you that your daughter is going to have the time of her life.
One of my absolute favorite memories growing up is one night when I was about 5 and Mom brought home a new fryer. It was this crazy contraption that was so interesting to a 5-year-old. She and my sister loved cheese sticks, so we spent an hour frying up cheese sticks and eating them. It was just the 3 of us, and it was a night of laughter and smiles. I don’t remember what we talked about, or how much we ate, or if the fryer was fancy or cheap. I just remember the overwhelming joy in my heart being able to spend such quality time with my mom. Those are the memories your daughter will remember.
- Find a photo booth and take silly photos
- Go to the trampoline park
- Go monkey around at a bounce house playplace
- Enjoy some frozen yogurt together
- Paint pottery
- Play at the local park/playground
- Visit the hair salon
- Peruse the local book store
- Pick out a bouquet together at the flower shop
- Grab some popcorn and watch a movie
- Go to the zoo
- Walk around the neighborhood and play Pokemon Go
- Go to the aquarium
- Visit the children’s museum
- Visit an art museum
- Go to a painting class
- Play putt-putt
- Mani/Pedis at the nail salon
- Race go-karts
- Tell family stories – she’ll LOVE hearing about when you were a little girl
- Go for a hike
- Play at an arcade
- Go to the library
- Go bowling
- Bake cookies
- Go to the water park
- Attend a play, musical, or other show
- Go to the swimming pool
- Glow in the dark mini golf
- Go to a puppet show
- Grab your skates and head to the skating rink
- Attend open play at your local gymnastics gym
- Go rock climbing
- Grab a blanket and stargaze
- Take her to her favorite restaurant
- Make handmade cards for patients at the children’s hospital
- Find a local obstacle course like Little Ninjas, Safari Run, or Going Bonkers
- Go out for ice cream
- American Girl café
- Pick fruit at a local farm
- Make jewelry together
- Dress up for a mommy daughter photoshoot
- Head to your local amusement park (Six Flags, Legoland)
- Grab a game at Top Golf
- Peruse the hallways at your local craft store
- Give each other makeovers
- Find a place to lie down and look for shapes in the clouds
- Take her shopping!
- Enjoy a smoothie together
- See Disney on Ice
- Each draw a photo of the two of you together and exchange
- Visit Grandma
- Shop for items to donate to the food bank, women’s shelter, or other local charity
- Go to Build a Bear
- Head to the local coffee shop – you can get your latte, while your little grabs a smoothie or hot chocolate
- Get all of your board games out and have a game night
- Have a dance party
- Attend the local farmer’s market
- Make a sundae bar
- Go for a picnic
- Host a fashion show
- Create a blanket fort (aka, Girls Club)
- Do a scavenger hunt
- Tour a local college campus and let her dream about the classes she’ll take one day
- Watch the sunset
- Roast marshmallows and enjoy s’mores
- Go to the petting farm
- Put a puzzle together
- Take a class together
- Stay a night at a hotel
- Paint with nail polish together (Find out how here)
- Play video games together
- Plant a garden
- Go for a drive – woohoo, road trip!
They may forget what you said — but they will never forget how you made them feel.
—Carl W. Buehner
Have fun, Mamas! We sure love our time with our little ones – don’t forget to cherish today before tomorrow comes!
If you try one of our ideas, tag us in your photos on social media @kandyapplemama. We’d love to see and will be sharing some of your fun dates on our pages!
If we’re missing a date idea, share it with us in the comments!