With a one month old baby to take care of, I don’t usually have time to make anything crazy for family meals. I tend to go for whatever is easiest that will still be healthy and filling for everyone. K1 is the hardest to please, so anything new I make I know I’ll have to sell her on. She’s such a picky eater…she may love one food for a week but then the next week, she hates it more than anything. Mac ‘n’ Cheese is usually a good go-to for a weekend lunch or after school snack, but there are so many different kinds these days, and she only likes certain ones, even good ol’ Mac n Cheese can’t be a fail safe.
So while perusing Pinterest and dreaming up ideas on how to make a healthy breakfast quickly (that everyone would enjoy)… I discovered this simple Breakfast Casserole. It’s quick, it’s simple, and you can cater to any eater by changing up the add-ins. Check out the original recipe here from Bran Appetit.
Did you know Pillsbury Crescent Rolls are vegan?? Check out this list of 12 Surprising Vegan Foods that you probably wouldn’t have guessed have no animal products in them. Being an “ethical eater”, I’ve altered the recipe to reflect my eating habits. Feel free to substitute vegan products for the real deal, of course.
Easy Breakfast Casserole
Makes: 12-18 servings
- 1 package vegan sausage (I love Field Roast’s Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage, but if you use non-vegan sausage, make sure you cook it before you add it into the recipe)
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- 6 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1 cooked potato, cubed
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Now unroll the crescent rolls and spread them out in the bottom of the greased pan, cinching them together, so they cover the bottom.
- Next add your extras! Sausage, tomato, onions, potato, all over the dough.
- Sprinkle cheese shreds all over.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, soy milk, oregano, rosemary, salt, pepper, and whatever other seasonings you so desire. Pour the mixture all over the casserole. It may not cover every inch, so I usually pick up the pan and tilt it every which way so that the egg mixture covers the entire area.
- Bake in preheated oven for at least 20 minutes until the crust is golden and the eggs are set. If the eggs are runny when you take it out, put it back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes.
Hope you enjoy!
Join the KAM Fam!
Want a heads up about giveaways? Exclusive discount codes to your favorite stores? Behind the scenes secrets? Join the family to receive all that and more in our weekly newsletter!
Next - check your email! (And your spam folder!)