Christian Workout Playlist to Feed your Body and Soul
I’ll be really honest with you ladies – my workout music go-to used to be the “Yeah” by Usher Pandora station. It was loud, upbeat, and took me back to those Middle School years that I remember so fondly.
But while the beat kept my body going, it didn’t put my mind in a good place. I was feeling physically refreshed after my workouts but not mentally rejuvenated.
Something had to change. I tried searching for a really good list of Christian workout music online, but I really didn’t find much.
So… Without further ado, I’m happy to share with you the workout playlist I have created!
PS: If you need help finding the best workout at home regimen for you, check out this post. Amanda has some AMAZING tips for you, Mama!
- Help Me Find It – Sidewalk Prophets
- How Can It Be – Lauren Daigle
- Break Every Chain – Tasha Cobbs
- Good Good Father – Chris Tomlin
- Holy Spirit – Francesca Battistelli
- Flawless – MercyMe
- Stronger – Mandisa
- Write Your Story – Francesca Battistelli
- God’s Not Dead – Newboys
- My Story – Big Daddy Weave
- Greater – MercyMe
- Eye of the Storm – Ryan Stevenson
- Chain Breaker – Zach Williams
- Soul on Fire – Third Day
- Broken Hallelujah – The Afters
- Lead Me to the Cross – Francesca Battistelli
- Your Great Name – Natalie Grant
- Your Love Never Fails – Jesus Culture
- This is Amazing Grace – Phil Wickham
- Lift Your Head Weary Sinner – Crowder
- Unspoken – The Cure
- Backseat Driver – TobyMac
- Through Your Eyes – Britt Nicole
- God is on the Move – 7eventh Time Down
- Thrive – Casting Crowns
- All the People Said Amen – Matt Maher
- I Can Only Imagine – MercyMe
- Great is Thy Faithfulness – Chris Rice
- Amazing Grace – Chris Tomlin
- Moving Forward – Israel Houghton
- Since Your Love – United Pursuit
- Who Am I – Casting Crowns
You should be able to put these songs on shuffle and get through quite a few workouts with them. My hope for you is that this workout music allows you to feed your body and soul.
I want to share a personal story about this workout playlist with you.
I ran a “New Years Double” this year. It’s this crazy concept where you run a 5K on New Year’s Eve at 7am and then run another at 7am on New Year’s Day. My trainer talked me into it, and it sounded great in theory – so I was actually pretty pumped for the races.
You probably don’t know my history, but I was very overweight for a while during/after college. Obese even. I’ve never been a runner. It’s not my thing. Yet I ran the race, and I finished 5th in my category on NYE!
WHAT?! So obviously I had to medal up on NYD.
Once I saw how within reach victory was, there was no stopping me.
Instead of using the prior day’s music station for the usual cardio, “Yeah,” as mentioned before, I switched instead to this Christian workout playlist. It was apparent I wasn’t going to beat my time with sore legs, in the cold and the rain, without a little extra help from the Big Guy. Fast forward and I was in my last half mile, and I was so done. I was tired, having difficulty breathing, having trouble finishing generally.
And then Mandisa’s “Stronger” came on, and all I could hear was:
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain’t gonna last forever
And things can only get better
This is gonna make you stronger
It was exactly what I needed to keep going. He was going to make me stronger and the pain couldn’t last forever. And I did it! I finished in 2nd place for my category!
Keep pushing, Mama. The fitness journey is difficult, but it’s going to make you stronger.
Join the KAM Fam!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter packed full with members-only goodies!
Learn the little truths and big wins behind our blogging adventure, and stay up-to-date on giveaways, contests, and updates from KAM (and our partners)!
Next - check your email! (And your spam folder!)